Sunday 24 July 2016

Meet Tommy!

A couple of days ago I made a post about Teddy, our new kitten, who we adopted a few weeks ago. Well since then we have welcomed a new fury member to the family! Meet Tommy!



We picked Tommy up yesterday and he's already settling in well. Tommy is about 13 weeks old , a similar age to our other kitten Teddy. I decided that I wanted to get Ted a buddy as he seemed a little lonely and its good for him to have company while we're out of the house. It just seemed nicer to have a pair!

Most kittens are adopted from around 8 weeks and I specifically didn't want to get one so young as he would be a lot smaller than Ted and I was worried that he might unintentionally hurt a smaller kitten. So when I saw that Tommy was available I thought it would be perfect! He is a little smaller than Ted but he will soon catch up. Tommy was in a similar situation to Ted, the family he was living with had just had a baby and didn't want to take care of him anymore. Poor guy! But hes come to us now to be spoilt rotten!

The two have been getting on a lot better than I expected at this early stage. We have had some fights, mostly just play fights, nothing vicious. But they seem to both be getting used to having each other around. They are chilling on the windowsill together as I type, probably the most relaxed they have been since Tommy arrived yesterday. I'm sure they will be running around again causing chaos together very soon!

xxx

2 comments: