Sunday 4 September 2016

My current (budget friendly) skincare routine

My skin has been all over the place lately. I was pretty lucky through my teen years and didn't get many spots at all but boy I'm paying for it now! My skin type has definitely changed over the years and my skin care has also had to change as a result. Gone are the days when I could just use a bit of moisturiser. Over the last month or so I've established and actually stuck to a routine that seems to work for my skin. My forehead, the most problematic area, has pretty much cleared up! This is partly due to me just leaving my spots alone and not picking at them... pretty gross I know but we're all guilty of it! 

I'd seen a lot of hype about the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water so decided to try it out for myself. One thing that drew me to this product is that it contains no perfume or other nasty ingredients. This makes it perfect if you have sensitive skin like me. It's a really gentle product to use and it removes any make up residue really easily. It doesn't sting if you manage to get it in your eye, a big plus for me as I literally always manage to get everything in my eye. It's also great for removing eye makeup as it's not going to irritate sensitive areas of your skin.

Next I move on to toner, I'm currently using Tea Tree Toner Water from Lush. This also contains mainly natural ingredients. Tea Tree is antibacterial, which helps keep spots under control, which is the main reason I started using this again. This also contains Grapefruit water and Juniperberry water, these are rich in vitamins and also antiseptic. You can either use this product on a cotton pad and wipe, or you can spray it directly onto your face. I prefer to use the cotton pad method as I feel like this helps to wipe away and leftover cleanser or makeup. 

Next I use a tiny bit of Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser. I have quite dry skin on some areas of my face and this works much better than any moisturiser I've used that is specifically made for use on your face. For me this is the perfect balance, it isn't to greasy but it's not so light that my skin just instantly drinks it up. I only have to use a tiny amount and that gets the job done. It absorbs quite quickly and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. 

The last part of my skincare routine is to dab a bit of Newtons Labs Spot Zapping Gel onto any spots. I actually found this product in Home Bargains and decided to just give it a try. I've also found it on Amazon so you could purchase it online from there. I'll admit wasn't expecting great things from this product but It's actually pretty good. When used in combination with the other products in my skincare routine it's managed to clear up my forehead and also keep further breakouts under control. Although this isn't a magical product that will get rid of spots over night it certainly has helped mine to heal and has helped to prevent them coming back. As well as applying the gel to spots, I also dab a bit between my eyebrows every day as this is the most problematic place and this gel helps to prevent spots breaking out in the first place. After all prevention is better than treatment! 

And that's it! The whole thing only takes a couple of minutes which means I'm more likely to stick to the routine! I do this twice a day, in the morning before I apply my makeup and at night after I shower. I think, for me at least, natural products are the way forward. My skin just seems to get along so much better with products containing less perfume, colours etc. And if you're having problems with your skin it might be worth looking at switching out some of your current products for more natural options. It's worked well for me! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment