Sunday 17 April 2016

My bedroom so far!

So we've been in our new place for a couple of weeks now and while there's still a bit to do, we're pretty much settled in now. So now that everything unpacked and in place, I can start thinking about what to do next! 

The room I'm most excited about is our bedroom, so that's what I'm going to show you today! This is the room as it is now, it looks a bit bare but there's still plenty I want to do here. I'm going for a shabby chic look in here.

This is my current 'dressing table'. I want to get an actual dressing table to go in this space pretty soon as this just looks messy! It would also be so nice to have it a bit more organised! I quite like this one from Argos. Its nice and small, I don't want anything to bulky as this isnt a massive space. I'm also a bit obsessed with white furniture, so it had to be white! It's not that shabby looking but I'll make it work. I'll probably change the handles, I'm not a fan of the silver ones, but that's easy to do.

this is the rest of the room. It was pretty hard to take a good photo as its so bright outside today! Not that I'm complaining, it makes a change from the constant rain we've been having. One thing we definitely need here is more cushions. As well as white furniture, I also have a bit of an obsession for cushions. 
Speaking of white furniture...I'm debating on whether to paint the bookshelf in the corner. I like it but I feel like it looks a bit dark, and as I'm planning on getting a white dresser and have a white bed I just feel like it would go better. I was thinking about painting it white and distressing it a bit and then sticking some nice paper or wallpaper to the back so it looks like this. I'd quite like a blue floral pattern on the back as I'm going for mainly blues and pinks in this room. What do you think? Should I leave it as it is or go for it?!

We also need a couple of bedside tables. I have one, you can just see it peeking over the top of the bed. This is the same colour as the bookshelf but I think we will probably end up getting  rid of this or using it in a different room and getting 2 new ones. 

I also have some lego dotted around this room as you can see...its my boyfriends and I'm hoping I can persuade him to move it into the spare room!


At the end of the bed we have a big blank wall. This wall is the longest and is the same wall that my dresser will be against. I really want to put something in the space at the end of the bed and I think something like this would look really nice. It actually looks pretty easy to do as well.. I would like to do it with a rectangle frame rather than a square, I'm not even sure where I can find big frames, any suggestions? 

I could probably buy something to go here but that's no fun! I also love a bit of crafting and it's nice to have a project to do. 



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment