Monday 28 March 2016

A Busy Easter Weekend

Where has the 4 day weekend gone!? I spent weeks looking forward to it and now its nearly over, boooo! If only the weeks went so fast!
This weekend is the last one before we move into our first place...so excited! So it was a weekend of packing and dismantling furniture. It was actually pretty handy that we had a long weekend right before moving so we had time to get everything done. I also bought a cheap TV stand a while back which we've been sanding and painting. It's still not quite finished but its nearly there! I don't know why we left it to the last minute but that's how we usually do things! I'll do a post on the TV stand when it's finished, here's a photo of one of the doors...we're going for a shabby chic look. 



We did manage to get my room all packed up.I'd put off doing any packing until this weekend because I know I'll end up packing stuff I need to use and then have to unpack everything. It looks pretty empty now, the only things left are the TV and a mattress in the middle of the floor...I also have a small pile of clothes and my make-up bag, everything else is packed! It's not great but its only until Thursday so I think I'll cope until then. 

The rest of my room is now sat dismantled in the garage. Trying not to think about the fact that we're going to have to put it all back together (and carry it up the stairs) in a few days! Saying that though I am super excited to move. I remember when we were counting down the weekends to go and now its 2 days away! 

We managed to fit in a bit (ok a LOT) of chocolate eating as well...but hey we deserved it! As well as a load of other junk food, that is what Easter is all about. We made some mozzarella sticks coated with Doritos today and they were lovely. I don't want to even think about how many calories were in them, the important thing is that they tasted great. We had pizza Friday night and then had the leftovers for breakfast the next day. Well, I say breakfast but it was more like lunch by the time we got up. Cant beat leftover pizza for brunch, I had BBQ sauce and red onions on my pizza. yes, I'm a bit of a weirdo. 




Now I'm just hoping that the next 2 days of work will go quickly! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment